Because snow days require treats,
I knew Nicholas would be allll for them,
and .. well .. I can always find a good enough
reason to use the phrase “treat yo-self”.
– 20 Mega Stuff Oreos
– 10 Regular-Sized Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (unwrapped)
– 1&3/4 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
– Rainbow Sprinkles (or sprinkles/toppings of choice)
1. Pull top chocolate wafer off each Oreo – careful to keep the cream filling on just the one half. Keep only the cream sides and either toss or devour the chocolate wafers. You will end up with 20 Oreo halves with cream filling.
2. Set an Oreo half on work surface (we lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil) with the cream side up. Top it with a peanut butter cup and then set another Oreo half on top of the peanut butter cup with the cream side down. Gently press down so your cookie sandwich will stick/stay together. Repeat until you’ve made 10 treats.
3. Melt the chocolate chips – either in the microwave or in a pan over low heat – until soft and smooth. Use a fork to dip a cookie sandwich into the melted chocolate, covering it completely with the chocolate, and then gently shake off any excess. Set it onto your aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet (or waxed paper would work, too!) and then dress these treats up with some colorful sprinkles (or your topping of choice)! Repeat with the remaining treats. Refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
And please do let me know if you decide to
“treat yo-self’s” and make this scrumptious treat!
Because, seriously .. talk about YUM!